FULL SERVICE OIL CHANGE
Your car is probably the second most expensive investment you will make; the first would be your home. The best way to protect this investment is routine oil changes. Most vehicle manufacturers recommend changing the oil every 3,000 miles or six months regardless of what type of driving you do. Here are some interesting things you may not know about engine oil:
- Over time oil breaks down and becomes less effective as a lubricant, without a good lubricant, parts of the engine rub together and wear each other out.
- Oil has additives neutralize acids get used up and stop being effective.
- Oil absorbs water, dirt and carbon, eventually, the oil gets saturated can't absorb any more, it passes to the engine and can cause corrosion.
If the oil isn't changed often enough, you can end up with engine problems that such as loss of performance and fuel economy, and increased emissions and oil consumption. Regular oil changes are cheap insurance against engine wear, and will always save you money in the long run if you keep a car for a few years.
What About The Oil Filter?
Today’s oil filters on most engines are smaller to save weight, cost and space. The smaller filters should be fine for 3,000 mile oil change intervals but may run out of capacity long before a second oil change at 6,000 miles. Replacing the oil filter every time the oil is changed recommended.
An engine's first defense against wear is the oil filter. The filter removes dirt, carbon and metal particles from the oil before they can damage your engine. If you wait too long to change the filter, there's a danger that it might become plugged and bypass the filter allowing unfiltered oil into the engine. Dirt and particles make their way into the crankcase and then is pumped through the engine and accelerate wear.
FULL SERVICE VALVOLINE OIL CHANGE
Takes about ten minutes and we:
- Replace your oil with your choice of conventional, semi-synthetic, or full synthetic grade oil
- Replace your oil filter
Lubricate the chassis
- Check brake, power steering, washer, antifreeze and transmission fluid levels and bring them to the proper levels
- Inspect your vehicle’s belts serpentine or drive belts and hoses
- Inspect your vehicle’s air filter
Inspect your vehicle’s steering and suspension
- Inspect your vehicle’s undercarriage
- Safety check of your vehicle’s exterior headlights, turn signals, and brake lights.
- Inspect your vehicle’s tire pressure and bring them to the proper pressure
- Inspect your vehicle’s wipers blades
Inspect differential and four wheel drive gear boxes for 4 wheel drive vehicles
About Our Oil
We carry Valvoline Conventional, Valvoline Maxlife, Valvoline Premium Blue, Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme, and Valvoline SynPower.
#1 Choice of Top Mechanics More ASE certified master technicians use Valvoline motor oil in their own cars, trucks, vans and SUVs than any other brand of motor oil.
CONVENTIONAL MOTOR OIL $36.99, UP TO 5 QUARTS OF OIL
Specially formulated for the full life of the engine, Valvoline's unique multi-viscosity formula helps to:
- Keep the engine clean by minimizing deposit formation
- Reduce oil consumption by fighting volatility and oil evaporation
- Resist oil thickening by providing enhanced oxidation control
Improve gas mileage in the lower viscosity grades (5W20, 5W30 and 10W30) by reducing friction
- Provide thorough anti-wear protection exceeding the current U.S., Japanese and European wear tests for gasoline and gasoline turbo-charged engines where each grade is specified
Valvoline's line of multi-viscosity oils include the following grades: 5W20, 5W30, 10W30, 10W40
MAX LIFE® MOTOR OIL $46.99, UP TO 5 QUARTS OF OIL
Fight the Four Major Causes of Engine Breakdown - Leaks, Deposits, Sludge, and Friction. MaxLife's approach to maximize engine life:
- Special seal conditioners rejuvenate seals within the engine block to help prevent oil leaks that lead to sludge and deposits
- Anti-oxidant additives reduce oil viscosity breakdown to help prevent engine-clogging sludge and deposit formation
- Detergents chemically bond with and remove existing sludge and deposits
- Additional friction-reducing additives help reduce abrasion within engine
- Anti-wear agents help prevent engine damage
SYNPOWER® SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL $66.99, UP TO 5 QUARTS OF OIL
Delivers the ultimate motor oil protection and performance. Compared to conventional oils, SynPower:
- Provides excellent engine cleanliness through superior sludge and varnish protection
- Helps reduce engine wear at high temperatures with improved viscosity stability
- Provides outstanding high-temperature protection under severe driving conditions
- Provides superior cold-temperature protection through faster oil flow at start-up
- Provides more durable anti-wear additives which remain in the oil longer for outstanding protection against friction and wear
- Helps maintain fuel efficiency for the life of the oil (applies to 5W30 and 10W30 grades)
- Is fully compatible with all conventional and leading synthetic motor oils
PREMIUM BLUE® SYNTHETIC BLEND DIESEL ENGINE OIL $46.99, UP TO 5 QUARTS OF OIL
Advanced lubricant protection for diesel engines. The Premium Blue Advantage:
- Unique dispersive polymer technology (DPT),with premium Group II base oil, provides advanced soot control, and cold start protection.
- Valvetrain wear protection and reduced oil filter restriction at high soot levels.
- High temperature deposit control, including single and two-piece pistons, and ring/liner wear protection.
- Higher TBN level and TBN retention for long-life performance, while meeting all chemical limits.
- Endorsed and recommended by Cummins for use in Dodge Ram Turbo Diesels
PREMIUM BLUE EXTREME® SYNTHETIC DIESEL ENGINE OIL $66.99, UP TO 5 QUARTS OF OIL
Hi-Performance Synthetic Engine Oil. The Premium Blue Advantage:
- Hi-Performance Synthetic Technology meets the most demanding requirements of modern EGR engines operating at elevated temperatures, higher soot and higher acid levels in the engine oil.
- Cummins approved for 5,000-mile oil drain extension, under normal duty, for 2007 engines.
- Superior synthetic base stocks provide faster, safe starts during freezing weather and enhanced thermal properties for hot weather operations.
- Unique formulation has demonstrated improved fuel economy over leading conventional oils.
- Reduced high temperature carbon buildup - both single and two-piece pistons - and ring/liner wear protection leads to improved oil consumption control.